We had Family Home Evening and did the nativity with the Bailey cousins. This picture is priceless to me of Savannah, Matt and Bailee. I pray that this Christmas season and throughout the year we remember Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Luke 2:7 "And she brought forth her first born son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger: because there was no room for them in the inn."
For kids night Santa came to the fire station. They always look forward to kids night but I think Santa coming is going to be listed as one of their favorites.
Our cute niece, Paige, was loving the icing when we made gingerbread houses. It really tastes a lot like glue to me but she sure enjoyed it.
Dan's sister, Anje, and her fam and my 2 brothers, Kris and Robert, and their families came into town for Christmas. Since all of our other sibling live here we had everyone in town. Christmas Eve brought on a whole slew of activities, the guys went golfing, the Bailey girls played with the kids and Dan and I invited Anje over to make gingerbread houses with us. This is the first year that we did our own Christmas Eve dinner. So we played all day with cousins but then did our own thing at home for the evening. I was so excited to start some of our own traditions with our kids. We had a yummy dinner, opened Jammie's and drove to the temple to see the Christmas lights. After the temple we drove around town pointing out our favorite lighted houses and singing Christmas carols. It was a great night.
I snuck in a picture after Santa came...I don't think he caught me.
So we gave the kids these flutes to wake us up in the morning. We told them to start blowing them when they woke up and we would come to the top of the stairs to get them. The only rule was that they couldn't start blowing them until 6 a.m. At 6:01 exactly they started blowing their flutes. They said they had been watching the clock since 5:00 a.m.
CHRISTMAS DINNER AND GAME NIGHT
This is the best picture of Kris during our white elephant game (I couldn't get it to rotate for me, sorry).
The rest of the week was a little something like this...games, eating, playing in the snow, eating, family time, eating, guys mountain biking, eating, eating , eating!!!! It was a great weekend with a lot of great people.
I am truly grateful for my family and for Dans family and for the time we got to spend with them all.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
7 comments:
May I jaust say that Savannah has the most beautiful smile. She really shines. I like the flute idea. I'm learning so many good ideas from you this year.
Seriously. You are like the busiest person I know! And you're always so nice. Looks like your holidays were a success. Love the pics!
Love all the pictures! Looks like your kids had a fun Christmas. I love having fun with family!!
I'm with Mic...LOVE the flute idea! How fun is that. :) What a fun Christmas you guys had. I loved the pictures in the snow. It was SO fun catching up with you and all of our 84765 group. I love that we still do that every year. Love your blog! Love you! Here's to another year full of family, friends, and lots of diet coke! :)
How fun....look at all of those cousins...what a blast! LOVE the X-mas morning pics...your kids are darling. I'm going to have to come visit so I can see your new house...it looks gorgeous!
Looks like you have been busy. Love the pictures and all the cute little things you do for your kids durring the Holidays.
Such cute pictures!! It was a great Christmas this year!! You are always so creative! I am totally stealing the flute idea!
Post a Comment