Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Girls Weekend Pics

I'm finally posting my pics of Women's conference. We had such a great time. There was great classes, great shopping and awesome company. I just have to say that I think that I have the best family in the entire world. We stayed up most of the night chatting and laughing. It was awesome. I came back completely sleep deprived but shockingly refreshed. I don't think I've seen so many women in one place. The great thing about it was we were all there for the same purpose and we all left spiritually edified.
We had the amazing opportunity to have President Thomas S. Monson there to speak to us at the closing session. I have never felt the spirit so strongly as I did that day when HE walked in. We all stood as He walked into the Marriot Center and a few women started to sing "We Thank Thee Oh God For A Prophet", soon all 15,000 women were singing with the exception of me and those that just couldn't get the words out. When I opened my mouth to sing I was so overcome by the spirit that all I could do was blink back the tears. There is no doubt in my mind that Thomas S. Monson is a Prophet of God. I will never forget what I felt there that day.

4 comments:

Shanna said...

Ya so I'm pretty much just jealous. That sounds so awesome. If I'm not mistaken it looks like you are eating at the brick oven. Is that right, if so I am WAY jealous!!

Cazier Craziness said...

I am so glad you had such a great time. I would love to go next year. Such a neat way to spend time with the women in your family. Cute pictures!

Nat Lud said...

I am so glad to see pics FINALLY! Just a quick question--did you guys plan the green shirts in that top pic? So color coordinated! I am so happy you guys got to go. I hope next year I can tag along with all you awesome ladies!

Erin said...

So glad you had fun! Cute pics!